Below is a list of my absolute favourite ingredients for delicious and colourful breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. I try to have these foods in my kitchen most of the time because they always make me feel inspired to cook.
- Rolled oats.
- Canned beans and chickpeas.
- Crushed tomatoes.
- Coconut milk.
- Raisins and dried figs.
- White rice and brown rice
- Pastas and noodles.
- Dried lentils and beans.
- Homemade or store-bought granola and muesli.
- Cacao or cocoa powder, vanilla powder or vanilla extract and flours (whole grain and refined).
- Coconut oil and olive oil.
- Green teas, black teas and herbal teas.
- Coconut sugar or other sweetener.
- Spices: Salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, curry, turmeric, oregano, basil, bay leaves, cinnamon, ginger…
- Greens: Kale, spinach, broccoli etc.
- Other veggies (depending on season): Cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, fennel, beets, zucchini, garlic etc.
- Fruit (depending on season): Apples, oranges, kiwi fruit, clementines, peaches, nectarines, grapes, fresh dates, lemons, limes, watermelon etc.
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, almonds, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds etc.
- Nut butters.
- Non-dairy milks. My favourite is oat milk.
- Maple syrup.
- Apple cider vinegar and tamari.
- Olives and sun-dries tomatoes.
- Leftovers from dinner to be eaten as lunches.
- Frozen blueberries and raspberries.
- Ice-cream and home-made energy balls.
- Frozen veggies like kale and spinach.
- Frozen bananas.
- Frozen leftover stews and sauces.
- Frozen pre-chopped herbs.
- Avocados and bananas.
- Fresh herbs like basil and thyme.